I officially became the Head of the Upper School at Mount Vernon Presbyterian School on July 1. It seems like ages ago since I accepted the position in November. After five enriching and rewarding years as the High School Principal at Graded in Sao Paulo, Brazil, I have moved on to a new adventure. Mount Vernon’s Mission and Vision certainly appeal to me because the school community is creating a culture of innovation for all of its members.
Check out just some of the MVPS initiatives.
- The Mount Vernon Institute for Innovation
- The Center for Design Thinking
- Exposing Students to the World via the Interim Trips
- Offering High School Students an Innovation Diploma (Check out the student posts on the blog)
- Students Taking Charge of the Learning with iProjects
- The Annual #fuse Conference on Design Thinking
- Ongoing Work to Create Transdisciplinary Courses
The MV Continuum shows the Mission, Principles and Practice, Norms and Mindsets.
Those of you who know me will understand why this is the perfect fit for me at this point in my career. It’s also an amazing opportunity for my children.
I look forward the the challenge and then sharing my learning with colleagues. Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks.